Saturday, August 9, 2008

Olympics

O.K. so I know that this is totally lame, but I am really depressed that I can´t watch the Olympics. I think that only my mom will understand because ever since I was oh maybe 8 I have been an Olympic fan. It all started with the T.V. movie Nadia. (I think that I can still quote it) I have always secretly wanted to be an Olympic gymnast, but I don´t think that will ever happen!!! O.K. maybe 4 gymnasts in one body! Anyways I´m in Spain and obviously don´t really care about the Spanish athletes unless it is some cheesy story that NBC concocts about how some Olympian came to Spain 10 years ago on a raft from Morocco. O.K. so I even like all those cheesy stories about the athletes who rose from the dust! So I try to watch some online coverage and across the computer screen it reads....Viewing of this Olympic coverage can only take place in the United States...what in the world!! Yeah I´m going to watch NBC´s coverage and give away all the US Fencing teams secrets!! Whatever! So while my husband is at the movies with his brother and sister I´m griping about the Olympics! If you are an Olympic fan please tell me your favorite memory. Mine is watching Mary Lou Retton get all kinds of perfect 10s...not sure what year in the 80´s.

Pues resulta que no voy a traducir este palique porque no es sino un rebujón de mi esposa sobre lo mucho que echa de menos ver las olimpiadas y seguir las aventuras y desventuras a sus atletas favoritos. Ahora, si te interesan muchísimo las olimpiadas, pues anímate y deja tu comentario. ¿Qué te gusta de las olimpiadas?

5 comments:

Tania Jabonero said...

jajaja Bueno Diego me encanta tus traduciones!!! A me encanta ver la gimnasia deportiva y la natacion!! bueno casi todo, pero este a~o no tengo mucho tiempo.
por cierto me encanto vuestra cita! al pie de pagina! que romanticos!!!

Sistahood said...

Oh...my heart is breaking for you, Melany. I have been glued to the TV for the past four days. My earliest Olympic memory was watching Kristi Yamaguchi fall and still win the gold medal in figure skating (1992 Albertville). Then I remember Dan Jansen in speed skating finally win the gold for his sister who had died of cancer (Lillehamer 1994). And, of course, how could anyone forget Kerri Strug's heroic vault in Atlanta in 1996? But I think the American men's relay swimming team defeating France the other night was fantastic. Watching Michael Phelps make history is definitely exciting. And I couldn't talk about Olympic memories without mentioning Tonya Harding crying about her broken skate lace. What a classy lady she turned out to be.

The Webb Family said...

Oh, I feel for you Melany! I have been up past midnight for 2 weeks watching every minute of the olympics that I can. Swimming, diving, synchronized swimming, gymnastics, beach volleyball, running..okay the list goes on & on. I guess my fave would have to be this year with all of Michael Phelps wins. But, Kerri Strugs' vault on a broken ankle ranks up there too! Miss you guys. No changes here...same ole, same ole. Hope you are feeling well. Any names yet!?

The Kneeland Family said...

Hey that is so funny you found my blog. Good to see you and your growing family We match right now four and four. We are done fours the limit.

Victoria and Mark said...

I have a very similar complaint that you can now totally relate to. I too LOVE the Olympics. I also relish any World Championship, or European Championship in pretty much any sport. I missed the EC in Soccer this summer. Watched some of it online, but it is just not the same. So, the Spanish Olympic coverage would not quite fit the bill for an American. SO too, with the American coverage for a Swede. NONE of the events I truly cared about were aired, as always. I wonder if most Americans know there is more to the summer Olympics than swimming and gymnastics. I really think a more even handed coverage is given by Swedish television. Perhaps not so in Spain, though, huh? Spain is a whole 'nother country, and I can attest to it, having lived there. My favorite Olympic moment? I think the men's cross country relay in the 80s. But that event is never shown here either...